Monday, January 23, 2006

Sorry Jack. We tried.

Well, as suspected (after 8 weeks of no real campaign, just playground name calling and 'he said / he said') it looks like we're gonna have a Conservative Minority Government here in Canada. Lucky us! Not that anyone wanted it, but it was suspected.

It's too bad Harper is such a moron. What's North America to do, now that we have two countries 'run' by idiots? What will this do to our tourism? Harper's so stupid, if he was any stupider his phone number would be 1-800-Ims-odum.

It's too bad Martin screwed up so much over the past few years. Way to go on the whole gay thing, but there was so much that deserved a stern finger wagging. Really, you really did start to look silly after a while.

But the saddest thing: It's too bad more Canadians didn't vote for who they wanted, but rather decided to vote 'Strategically!' I talked to so many people that wanted, in their heart, to vote NDP but thought it would only help the Conservatives. They thought it would be like tossing your ballot. Maybe if everyone voted with their heart . . . okay, we still wouldn’t have Jack in the big office, but at least there’d be a hell of a lot more people on our side.

Have we learned nothing from watching American elections (no offence America)? EVERY vote counts. Every single person who is eligible to vote should be at the polls on Election Day, because it’s your bloody country that you are given the chance to change it! You are given the chance to be heard! You live in a free country that actually allows you to vote! Why the hell would you not jump at this chance? You are given a say in what happens to your country; your children; your environment; your fucking taxes! Don’t want to vote? Then move to Berlin . . . prior to 1989 . . . on the wrong side of the wall. You'ld be back to Canada and back to the polls in no time, I'm sure.

With a minority government lead by a homophobic, discriminatory, intolerant, white, straight man, I'm sure we'll be back at the polls by Christmas anyway. Maybe then we'll all be ready to treat our elections like an election rather than a board game. Maybe then a few more people will get off their asses and be heard. Maybe some poeple will actually realize what a great gift we're given in this country.

Oh look, now I've gone and gotten all upset! Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I felt the need to be all political and stuff. Or something.

PS: Please note: I have nothing against anyone who votes for whomever they choose. Whether it is NDP, Conservative, Liberal, Green, Marxist . . . whatever. I applaud you for getting out and voting. This post is pretty Anti-Conservative and very Pro-NDP, but that's only because it's my blog. And that means I get to say whatever the heck I want to. Feel free too post comments though; I promise not to delete any. Freedom of speech and all that, y'know.

4 Comments:

Blogger glasshill said...

I most humbly apologize. I could have voted - just had to send a form, something to do with my pastport and one or two more things - and, well I didn't... sorry. As for american elections, now having lived through one... I've heard of circus freak shows with more decorum. sigh. conservative minority - sheesh....

January 24, 2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I'll let you get by with this one. But at the next election (hopefully within the year) I'm gonna make sure you vote.
Robert and I will come pick you up and drive you back..... we can colour your hair in the car and stick you out the sunroof for the blowdry.

January 24, 2006 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have about 1000 NDP campaign signs stored in my shed - you're welcome to visit them any time you feel like the next election is too far away!

January 26, 2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I'll visit often. Every Sunday before Desperate Housewives, I'll just hold a little vigil in your backyard.... maybe I'll wait till spring though.

January 26, 2006 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home