Sunday, January 15, 2006

Great Scot!

Yesterday morning, The Great Scot came in for a haircut and we sat around and chatted before beginning the service, as is custom with me . . . chat now, work later. First item of discussion: the terrible car accident that he was in the week before. Not just a fender-bender either; he actually though he was going to die as another car was headed right for him. Luckily he made it out alive, unfortunately the car did not.
I have known The G.S. for about a year and a half, since The Boyfriend and I first got together. I took to him and his then partner very quickly. Our friendship has grown quite strong over the past 7 seasons and I'm so grateful for that. However, due to logistics and scheduling, I don't think I've ever spent time alone with The G.S., not counting haircuts. Plus, we're both Scottish, so even if we were alone, we wouldn't talk about feelings. We'd just boil potatoes and play "Danny Boy" on our bagpipes. Several months ago I was talking to Cell Phone Boy about this. I wondered aloud if The G.S. though I might not like him as much as other friends. And I hope that this has never crossed his mind.

I love him dearly and think he is such a generous and loving person. He gets so animated when he goes off on his rants (the woman in the grocery store is still my favourite). One tries to be the mature professional that he is, but still you can find him sitting backwards and upside down on my satellite chair as if he's a three year old, still trying to discover the world. Just look into his steel blue eyes and feel the warmth and tenderness that pours out effortlessly.

I realized that I
may have lost him without him knowing how much I respect and admire him. Donny, you're a great friend. I hope that I get to keep you around forever.

Much (heart)!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you've made me cry Lancelot (even more than an episode of Little House!), but as you know, there's nothing I like better than a little weep. What a lovely post - I hope I get to keep you around forever too, because you're a total sweetheart.
big smoochy kiss,
DonnyXXX

January 15, 2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Heck, I cried when writing it, so we're even.
Note to everyone else: Expect a post about you that will have a similar effect, so there is no laughing at The Great Scot or myself. If we're behaving like a couple of girly boys, thats only because we ARE a couple of Girly Boys. Girly Boys that would cry at Little House on the Prairies, and don't you forget it!

January 16, 2006 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home