Saturday, January 21, 2006

Puppysitting Day 2: I killed the dog!


The Philanthropist has left the city to complete a few bits and pieces in Yellowknife, and has left his charming little Shih Tzu with Uncle Lance. Jasper and I get on really well. We spent a lot of time together anyway and so this week will just further enhance our bond.

That is, if he lives throughout the week.

As I took him for his walk this morning I allowed him to say hello to (read: Sniff The Butt Of...) another dog. I guess they didn't get along too well because after five seconds or so new dog (I call him Chompers McStupidhead) tried to bite off poor Jaspers head. I thought, 'Great! How am I gonna explain this? Text message his Daddy? 'Hope work is well. The dog got eaten. Having gr8 weather. C U soon!' Fortunately I was able to pull Jasper out of the clutches of death . . . thanks to Cousin Julie and my workout program.

We made it home with all limbs attached and heart pumping. Apparently, this is when I decided that I ought choke Jasper. I suppose I was holding him wrong when I was drying his feet and he started making this awful noise. "Hhhhgghgghgck Hhhhgghgghgck Hhhhgghgghgck!" Yeah, it was real pretty. Just then, Tzarina (The Empress) called and wondered why I wasn't at work yet. He missed me.

"OMG OMG OMG!! The DOG'S DYING! WHAT'S HAPPENING? AHHHH AHHHH. LISTEN, HE'S CHOKING OR SOMETHING. WHAT DO I DO????" 'Hhhhgghgghgck Hhhhgghgghgck Hhhhgghgghgck!' "OMG!! WHAT'S HAPPENING? AHHHH."

Laughter. Snickering. Eye rolling.

The Tzarina has two Shih Tzu’s of his own, and apparently they have a soft palette. When they get too excited it might collapse and you just have to rub their neck and calm them down and all will be fine. It worked. All is fine for the dog, but what about me? I didn't know you could have a near death experience with another's life. Jaspers whole life flashed before my eyes; all 10 months of it.

Happy to report that all is fine in Cabbagetown. Japer is healthy and . . . well, right now he's sleeping again. I should go check his breathing. Yep, all is fine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any life insurance on Jasper, so please try to keep him alive until I get home!!!

January 23, 2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I can only promise so much. He spent the day with his brother today while I was volunteering and they almost killed each other.
In that case, I'm sure it would have been Smudge's fault, not mine.
By the way, I did your dishes.

January 23, 2006 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home