Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dinner with the Princess

Last night marked the last business dinner I would have with my boss, The Princess. For reasons I will later go into, I have decided to leave my post as Regional Educator for American Crew / mop: Modern Organic Products.
As I said my goodbye to her, I wondered if this might be the last time I actually ever see her. Sure, there was talk of meeting up whenever we're in the same city, but would it happen? Or was it just the usual pleasantry that we all feel obligated to do, so that it takes the pain away from actually saying 'Goodbye'? Something that allows us to never have to actually use 'The G-word, and feel the emotions that coincide within it. Can't life just be a series of 'See you later!'? It's a damn good thing I was with The Boyfriend and The District Manager. Had I been alone, I think there would have been a crying queen on Queen Street West.

So just in case it was goodbye: To the Princess, it's been so great having you as my boss. You've done so much for me, most of which you will never realize. Thanks you for always being there when I was needy. Thanks for always finding out where the hell my paycheques were. Thanks for always taking my side. Thanks for dinner. I'd like to think that if everyone were a little more like you, then I'd probably have a much higher opinion of the human race. I'm gonna miss you baby. I hope that I still get to come to business dinners just so we can hang out.
Lots of love,
Donkey Boy.

PS: But please change the damn spelling of 'Mukluks' on your website already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home