Sunday, April 01, 2007

No Joke...

I have been sitting at the computer for a good 45 minutes, trying to think of a good April Fool’s Day prank to post, but nothing decent has come to me.

I did start writing a story about my cocaine/meth/crack addiction, but then I though that might be in poor taste to anyone who might have really lived through one. I was gonna write about my desire for a sexual-organ-reassignment surgery, but then I thought that would be far to out there. I was going to write about my finding Jesus this week and devoting my life to doing His work, but then I lost interest. So I have no April Fool’s post for you today; and that’s no joke.

However, I did get a text message from The Boyfriend saying that a dear friend of mine just won a Juno. At first, I thought this to be a joke on me, but after researching online for the past 10 minutes, I learned it to be true.

Congratulations Leela. You’re the rockingest rocker that ever rocked!

For any of you that may not have heard Leela’s music, click here for her MySpace page to listen to some songs and download one for free.

In the past, Leela has been nominated at the Juno Awards for "Best Music of Aboriginal Canada (2003)" and has won three awards in 2002 from the Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards: Best Female Artist, Best Folk Album, Best Songwriter. This weekends Juno Award adds wonderfully to that pile.

Other Leela Links:
Official Site
MySpace
Wikipedia

4 Comments:

Blogger FrozenExtremities said...

Yay Leela!! She's such a fantastic artist!

April 01, 2007 4:51 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

That she is. And a great friend.

April 02, 2007 12:51 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Okay, you haven't commented on my blog in FOREVER and that makes you ICKY!

Please go check it in the next 24 hours though, as I've given you a Thinking Blogger award. GO!!!

And please tell you boy toy too, he's got one as well.

April 03, 2007 12:12 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Congratulations to your friend and her Juno. May she rock the world over.

There, I said it. Happy now?

April 04, 2007 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home