Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Just So we're All Clear....

I hate being forced to do things.

I'm a guy. Gay or not, I am a guy. And guys, as a group / not a rule, are not all that open to change. After 150 posts (hey... this is #150 for me!!!) I have been forced into switching and opening up a google account... or something. I'm not all that sure what I've done, but I put my name here and there and typed a password or something. Anyway... I hate that I was forced into it.

For months, blogger.com has been asking me to switch and I just kindly said, "No thank you" and we went about our merry way... until tonight. I was just trying to upload that cute, innocent Valentines Day article, and it took me ten minutes to figure out what the heck was going on.

I'm sure that the "NEW" Blogger is infinitely better and there are all sort of bells and whilstles included, but I don't feel the need for all that. I want to have the choice. If I am not going to be using said bells and whistles, why do I need to get a Google or Gmail password? I am trying to simplify my life, not make it more complicated with all sorts of new posting... thingy's and what-not.

I would assume that Google just bought out Blogger, but then why is it that when I am typing this post, the word "Google" still comes up as misspelled?

Ahhhh. Just venting, that's all. Back to Kids in the Hall.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Tormented Girl said...

Hey me too! I was not amused as I spent a minute or two looking for the "Not right now" button before I realised it wasn't going to let me... Coming from a IT/software background beta is never good and I admit I was a little tempted when they said that they were out of beta but yeah, give me the choice please!

February 15, 2007 2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Lance you ARE a scorpio...and scorpios are FIXED signs...(along with aquarius, taurus and leo...)
Fixed signs HATE change...they're the "don't change me, I am the way I am, I've made up my mind/outlook and you're not changing it..." people.

February 15, 2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

You wrote an entire post on switching formats, while my sister's 6 month wedding anniversary is around the corner and I HAVE YET TO READ ABOUT IT HERE!

:P

February 15, 2007 11:03 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

TG: Thank you. We are living in democratic countries, are we not? But, truth be told, I haven't even noticed a difference yet. (Not the point though)

Anya: An astrologer after my own heart. Truthfully, I'm okay with change, if it has a positive impact, but if it is bad for me, or indifferent, I don't see the point.

FG: Hahaha! I was just thinking today about how I've not written about that yet. Coincidence?

February 16, 2007 1:08 AM  
Blogger The Tormented Girl said...

Well that explains it all then - me too with the scorpio! No wonder you're such an excellent human being :] (and me too with the not noticing and not the point!)

February 16, 2007 1:40 AM  
Blogger glasshill said...

scorpio - ah that explains sooo much! and fixed signs are ALL inflexible sulky pointy things, Leos, for example, like bigger and better, and are not afraid of google passwords, but we are all here to do the best with our own lots in life now aren't well.

roar, xo

February 16, 2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger glasshill said...

are NOT I mean!

February 16, 2007 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home