Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Like a Kid in a Candystore!

Okay, I’ll admit it. This is a plug... But it’s not a shameless plug.

I’m filming a hair / fashion segment for a television program tomorrow evening, so this evening I had to go and collect clothing. My segment is themed “Rebellious” and so I thought I would go to a store on Queen West that is owned by an acquaintance. I would certainly find something for the models to wear there.

Cut to me shopping at Preloved. It’s this great little boutique in the Queen / Bathurst area of Toronto. Clothing and accessories ranging from $29 – 249, and I could take whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted, and for as long as I wanted. It’s one of the perks of my job. Unfortunately, not a great perk as I do have to give them back, eventually.

Having never been in this store before, I had no idea what to expect. And it was great. They redesign vintage clothing, sometimes adding new material, sometimes using all vintage. Because, why wouldn’t you want a pair of jeans made out of 6 separate pairs, all sliced up and sewn together? Or a t-shirt made out of a sweater, a vintage cowboy shirt and a scrap of bed sheet? If Scarlett O'Hara can sew up non-clothes into a dress, damn it, so can we!

So, that’s it! My free plug to a store that helped me out. Please visit their website and, if you get the chance, visit their stores (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver).

Thanks again, Julia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home