Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Games Night!


Saturday night saw a group of friends sitting around an apartment for a riveting games night. There was The Boyfriend, Cell Phone Boy, Cousin Julie, The Great Scot, The Halfaneese, The Lesbians, and the Philanthropist and myself. We missed Cousin Janet, as she was home ‘with consumption’.

Things started well with Win, Lose or Draw. This is when we learn that The Boyfriend and Cousin Julie are FAR too competitive at games. Honestly guys, they’re just games. There’s no need for hurt feelings and name calling. And I still attest that ‘Go Whole Hog’ is an easy phrase to draw, if you guys would only have said ‘Hog’ as opposed to pig, swine, bacon, ham, piggy, police, etc. The Girls won this game, literally at the last second in the second tie breaker.

Moving on to a quick game of Hoopla! As we were all playing as a team, this game had much more laughter, and a lot less mean hatefulness. Puma’s ‘Flamingo’ was a huge hit; in my mind, her proudest moment of the evening.

Then to the feature game for the evening: Rummoli. For those of you that don’t know about this game… well, you’ll have to look it up; it’s far too detailed to write out. Just know it’s a card game, you can win money, and it's F-U-N: FUN!! I think I took in one of the biggest (if not the biggest) pot of the evening. My total winnings: $39.35. Not bad for a nights work. Mind you, it might have been a bit more if Cousin Julie hadn’t dipped her sticky little fingers into my pot. Downside: Travelling back into the city with $39.35 in nickels and dimes.

There was some talk of alcohol being consumed, but I’m sure that never happened. No, not this group. A little fizzy water and a spot of tea was all we needed. It is rather odd that we woke up to several empty wine bottles (and by several, I do mean about a dozen... well, a bakers dozen), an empty bottle of Cinzanno, and a large dent in two bottles of Vodka. But again, I’m sure it wasn’t us.

Ahhh, this is the life. Live in downtown of Canada’s largest city, and weekends in the suburbs with friends around a games table.

Good times in Etobicoke.

1 Comments:

Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Ever played Cranium? If not, you must, it's absolutely hysterical!

ANY time you want to see me or my hair, let me know. I was actually thinking of asking you for some quick hair lessons before I go to Jordan. See while you were running around braiding hair as a youth, I had nothing to braid because I grew up with short hair, and therefore am now hair-deficient.

(I know you had short hair too but it's not the same thing, you're a boy)

February 28, 2006 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home