Monday, February 27, 2006

Controversial Topic: Same Sex Marriages

As I sit, bored, clicking from random blog to random blog, link to link, I came across a really interesting blogger. Rodney has a great bunch of posts. I suggest you read This post in particular. Fun fun funny.

Anyway, I was looking around his blog and found an attention-grabbing link titled “Steps to recovery of Bible Abuse”. ‘Odd title,’ I thought, and of course, curiosity got the better of me and I clicked.

There is in interesting Article on Same Sex Marriage, and how the bible says NOTHING against them. This site is ‘A Response to the Abusive Use of the Bible Against Gays and Lesbians and All Others Oppressed and Alienated by Religion.”

I think I may have to forward this link to our Prime Minister, Steven Harper. Heck, I might as well send it off to the whole Conservative Party... And maybe the Republicans of the United States of America… And maybe Rev. Fred Phelps... And Jerry Fallwell…

I have no problem with people who are against Same Sex Marriage, but tell us so because you don't believe in it. Don't hide behind a 2000 year old book, quoting passages you've never even read, or have mis-interpreted. And unless you've actually sat down and talked to God, over a spot of tea and a coffee cake, and (s)he's told you that (s)he's against Homosexuality, then you can't exactly speak on God's behalf, can you? So until then, you can put down that protest sign.

My! Saving the world is such busy work!

5 Comments:

Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Saving the world is busy work, BUT YOU DO IT SO WELL!

February 27, 2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

One cause at a time.
First: Eating organic. Second: Recycling. Third: Helping people die. Fourth: Making the Christian Right eat their words.
What to do next?

February 28, 2006 1:11 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

I'll tell you what to do next, get thyself a Harry Potter costume for my sister's wedding. Our bible thumping aunt, who unfortunately has to be there, is convinced that the gay are damned, and reading Harry Potter is the same as devil worship.

There will be four princess lads at my sister's wedding, including you, and we (my entire family!) think it would absolutely hysterical if aunt Lucy sat at the boys club table while they were all dressed like Harry Potter.

If that doesn't make her eat her words, she will die of shock.

February 28, 2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Oh.... I am so in.
Actually, maybe The Boyfriend and I can show up in drag! We can dress like Harriett Pussy and Her Chamber of Secrets.

February 28, 2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Make sure to use a lot of tongue

February 28, 2006 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home