Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Who?

Help! I need somebody.

To help me figure this out. Apparently there are 72 musical artists represented in this image. So far, I've found 24, but that leaves 48 undiscovered. The undiscovered artists are INXS of the found ones, and I can't have that. I'm also not that into Pop Culture, so I may not know some bands (ie: I had to 'google' Spoon to see if they were a band, and I'm sure the eels might be something, but I don't know).

Click on the image to make it larger. Post a comment to name any found MA's, and their coordinates please. I'll never sleep until I get them all. Okay, well maybe I'll sleep. Actually, maybe I'll forget about this in a few hours. Who knows?


So far I've found:


Madonna (in the shop window w/child), Queen (In the lower center), Guns & Roses (Lower Left), Matchbox 20 (Lower Right), Rolling Stones (Dead Center), U2 (Center Right, written on the wall), Led Zepplin (In the sky), Gorillaz (fairly obvious), White Snake (Just above the Queen), Black Crows (Center Right, on the street sign), Sex Pistols (The Queen is holding them, the dirty girl), Crowded House (The loft at Center Right), The Eagles (Fairly obvious), Seal (Right beside Madonna), Beach Boys (Right Center), The Cars (Under the Rolling Stones), Blur (Man in pink, Lower Right), Twisted Sister (Center), Hole (In the intersection), Cowboy Junkies (At the intersection),The Police (By the cars), Spoon (Above Blur), Blind Melon (Lower Right, On the produce cart beside the...), Red Hot Chili Peppers.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lance Morrison said...

#25: Alice in Chains- right beside Blur

Oh god! I'll never sleep again.

February 16, 2006 1:31 AM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

#26: The Eels- Apparently they are a band. Who knew?

I'm turning off the computer now. Goodnight

February 16, 2006 1:36 AM  
Blogger wendela said...

Found your blog randomly. :) Wish the image had better resolution when enlarged! Well, Green Day (on calendar on produce cart), maybe Phish (in fishbowl near 20 on ground), Smashing Pumpkins (guy w/sledgehammer near Phish & Matchbox 20). Is the guy in front of the queen a Prince? B-52's flying in sky? Maybe Deep Purple deep in the back? And maybe the pinkish things near the sledgehammer guy are crocus, for the band Krokus. Also, Garbage in the road falling from trashcan. Black Flag flying off building. Guessing maybe (a stretch) at where the two street lamps at the right are located is the underground/subway, so maybe Velvet Underground. Is the pale white guy at the left representing The Zombies? That's all I can see. Not bad for an old woman. :)

February 16, 2006 2:11 AM  
Blogger wendela said...

Not krokus. Try Scissor Sisters. This is gonna drive me nuts! Hey, Dead Kennedys are on the wall at left. Don't forget 50 cent. OK I'm done. Can't do this anymore!

February 16, 2006 3:17 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

It won't enlarge when I click!!! Make it bigger!!!

February 16, 2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Not sure why its not enlarging properly. I tried posting the picture a few different ways, but either way it won't enlarge. Maybe save it to your desktop and view it that way?
I found online a complete list, but didn;t have the heart to read it. I read a couple, but then shut it down... no cheating for me.

Wendela, Great eye. I think you're right on all of those, even though I've never heard of some of groups, they google well. Nice to meet you. Hope to see you back.

February 16, 2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Okay, heres some help.
I still can't figure out how to make this photo enlarge (my other photo's do, but this won't). Try these links.

If you have Flash, you can see it here:
http://virgindigital.com/eymm.htm

Or get the assistance of a magnifying glass here:
http://www.heavy.com/heavy.php?channel=virginGame

No flash needed for this one
http://www.hydeparkrecords.net/v.jpg

I don't think these post any answers, but if they do, don't look.

February 16, 2006 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see Pet Shop Boys beside the Zombies (both middle left), and above them The Pixies. Styx (just to the upper left of Matchbox 20), Radiohead in the middle of the intersection and Cowboy Junkies (middle right, near the lampost). Black Crowes on the street sign (middle right);in the produce stand on the right are the Lemonheads and Korn and just below that, The Cranberries. Oh, oh! In the televisions in the store window (centre right) - Talking Heads! Dead Presidents (on the wall near Madonna). Cake, on the lower left sidewalk, with the Scorpions. Hmmm...maybe the guy leaning against the shop on the left is Yello? Ratt in the middle of the street. The folks smooching by the traffic light on the left = Kiss?

That's all...have we reached 70 yet?

February 16, 2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone else have a problem with the image of The Cars underneath The Rolling Stones?

February 16, 2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

I thought the guy against the window on the left was a corpse from Thriller - Michael Jackson. And if I am not mistaken the blimp is for Led Zepplin.

February 17, 2006 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, stumbled on your page while I was looking for a few extra answers, myself. But, here are a couple contirbutions...
The pink scissors in the middle are for Scissor Sisters, I think. The pale dude to the left represents White Zombie. The yellow guy near him is for the band Yellowman. The grey thing in the very center is an Iron Maiden. The guy with the sledgehammer is Smashing Pumpkins. And, hanging on the wall, just above center right is a Black Flag. Finally, next to the Dead Kennedys on the wall to the left is a poster of a Seal. Oh, yeah, and the Queen is shooting Prince.
Later & good luck w/the rest!

March 19, 2006 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home