Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Night Of . . . Culture?


HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

The Philanthropist and I spent a wonderful night at the Air Canada Center with about 15 thousand middle-aged women, 300 fags and two straight men. Yes ladies and gentlemen, good times were had by all at Toronto's Il Divo concert.

Stop laughing.

I only found out I was going to the concert 9 hours before I was off to the show itself. The Lesbians tentatively offered me the tickets Sunday night, and confirmed this morning, so off we went. The P had just been to the symphony this past weekend, so I thought he'd be the perfect date to accompany me . . . well, that and The Boyfriend was working late . . . and Cell Phone Boy had no idea who they were . . . and The Halfaneese was signing his lease, and was being driven by the Great Scot . . . and . . . well, The P was just fine, no complaints.

The lighting was terrible. Apparently, the Lighting Director decided that blinding the entire audience was the best way to highlight said Divo's voices. You know, lose one sense and heighten the others. The obscure light show was going directly into our eyes the entire show. And Helen Keller could do a better job at operating a spotlight than the eight operators they had on staff.

The 'acting' in between signs was so bad that they made Adam Sandler look like an Academy Award winner several times over. "Sebastian, do you remember that time in Rome when we were reciting poetry and we met those beautiful women?" Uh huh. Honestly, I've seen better acting when I watched Madonna in 'Swept Away'.

As far as the music goes . . . I have to admit, I kinda liked it. They have great voices, even if they are a boy band. I guess I like 'Popera'. Comes as no surprise, I guess. I enjoy Sarah Brightman, so why wouldn't I like a French/Spanish/American/Swiss group singing in Italian?

The best part of the evening is watching the sea of soccer moms and cougars coo and drool for 2 hours. When they dedicated their song 'Mama' to all of the mothers in the audience, I swear every woman in the room had a multiple orgasm. It suddenly got really humid and I think the 85 year old grandmother beside me fainted. P noted that he had never before seen a mosh pit made up entirerly of grey haired women.

All in all, a good night. Many thanks to The Lesbians for the free tickets. And you know what, it's true; you would have hated it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cute, well we are glad you enjoyed the concert-- by the sounds of it, i would have been having a fit---teeheee

love the lesbians in the doll house

February 07, 2006 8:19 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

YOU SAW IL DIVO?

Please purify yourself before we get within 100 feet of each other again. If at ANY time during the concert you held up a lighter, drink some lysol too.

ICk!

February 07, 2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I did go see them, and I enjoyed it to. How do you like them apples?
Next time I see you, I'm gonna run right up to you and touch you and lick you all over, so that you can be covered will Il Divo goodness.

February 08, 2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Nah you're gonna touch me and lick me all over because you'd get a kick out of it that's why.

Forgot to mention that I loved the Helen Keller crack by the way, gave me a good 6:30am laugh. And I'm totally ashamed to ask this but I've been asking and no one seems to know.... what the hell is a beard?!

February 08, 2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

You are acting as 'A Beard' to the two gay men you are travelling with. A beard is a woman who acts as the girlfriend/wife of a gay man, so as to hide his gayness.
Think Katie Holmes.

February 08, 2006 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home