Wednesday, August 16, 2006

You Gave Me Something To Remember.

Well, you’ve made it. Today, you turn 48.

For 48 years you’ve been a force to be reckoned with.
For 48 years you’ve stood your ground.
For 48 years you’ve followed your heart.
For 48 years you’ve made your mother proud.

I am a huge Madonna fan. This, everyone knows. I’m the guy that bought a last minute flight to San Francisco to see her in concert. I’m the guy that spent $1100 on a VIP ticket for my 2nd concert. I’m the guy that commissioned a young artist to paint a 6ft abstract of her.

But what is it about her that I love. For many people, it’s her music. For me, it’s her. AS much as I am a Madonna music fan, I’m a Madonna fan first. Some may scoff; some may roll their eyes, but hear me out.

As a young (closeted) fag, I saw her preach about being yourself. Loving you first. I saw her speak at interview after interview about being true to you. Loving you. Standing up for what you believe. Not to let others stand in the way of your dreams, or hold you back.

There had never been another person who has influenced me in this way. Though her, I learned that I did not have to apologize for who I was. I did not have to explain my drive. I could feel responsible for my actions, and be proud of what I dreamt. “Absolutely, No Regrets!”

And now she’s reaching an entirely new generation. If you’ve not done so, pick up one of her children’s books. The message in these books is so strong about being true to yourself; being proud of what you have, rather than being envious of others; sharing; honesty; real principals that the world (especially children) need to help make the world a better place.

And besides… say what you will about her acting, singing, writing, religion, age, relationships, etc…
GIRL CAN MAKE YOU DANCE!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Madge!

5 Comments:

Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

If Madge actually saw and commented here, would you like, totally die?

:)

August 16, 2006 11:46 PM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

You keep that dream alive honey! I am sure one day she will read it!

August 17, 2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Thanks honey. You're so supporting. That's why I love you.

August 17, 2006 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry, i just gagged on something

August 18, 2006 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. Any more honey talk and I'll need an insulin shot.

August 18, 2006 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home