Tuesday, August 08, 2006

100 & Going Strong

Wow!

I made it to 100 posts! ONE HUNDRED!!! That’s a lot of blogging, I should think.

Through all the good, and all the bad, you’ve read, laughed at, commented on, and enjoyed (I hope) this little piece of Cyber Space I call a blog. Just a little piece of me that I like to share. Thanks for listening to my rants. Thanks for listening to my trials and tribulations. Thanks for sharing your insights and your laughter. Oh... and thanks for not verbally slandering my terrible jokes.

Let’s just see if I can make it to 200!

At the risk of causing jealousy amongst others, I dedicate this 100th post to The Philanthropist. He who always gives 100% to everyone else before himself. He who is so giving and genuine it makes me want to be a better person. He who helps he become the person that I want to be, and does not judge you when you fall; he only helps you up. He who has dedicated his life to the greater good and gives up all of his free time to fighting the good fight. If everyone were like him, the world would be a most beautiful place.


Don, you are a true friend, and I would be lost without you. I hope to, one day, be the kind of Executive Director you would be proud of.


Much love to you and to all that you do. It is through you and your ambition that I continue on in my journey to save the world and try to make it a better place.

You inspire me to no end, and I’m sure that it is true of countless others.

Cheers.

7 Comments:

Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

Happy 100! And congrats on having such a wonderful friend. Even if he does smell like squirrel pee. Hee hee.

August 08, 2006 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you have gone and made me cry. Lance, I count myself lucky to in for the long-haul with you too, what a pair we will make in the old-folks home! It's been really wonderful to be part of your journey, and to see the growth and understanding that has accompanied us both! (BTW, I think Robert got much more pee on him than I!)

August 08, 2006 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance, I've been meaning to respond to your blog for quite some time, I'm a regular reader and enjoy your entries.

Number 100 struck a chord. As Joni Mitchell one wrote, "sometimes you don't know what you've got til' it's gone". This holds true for the philanthropist.

It was after Don's recent and too short visit back to Yellowknife that I realized how much I missed having him around. Whether it's sitting around laughing and talking, or "zero-tasking" on the big lake, it's not quite the same with Don.

So, in the absence of a trip to Toronto, I will have to be content spending the next three year's in the philanthropist's prairie homeland with your mom and dad.

Don, you're missed.

August 09, 2006 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooops....too tired...typing too fast...I meant to type "it's not quite the same WITHOUT Don!"

it appears my brief blogging career will be over before it begins!

August 10, 2006 12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the Philanthropist is definitely deserving of mad props, on several levels... which is good since he is marrying Kaara and I wouldn't want my girl to be with anyone less than fabulous. :)

I often wonder why it is that we as a society rarely tell the people who inspire us how much we appreciate their presence in our lives. It's odd, because often those people are our friends and family. But how often do we tell these very influential people what about them is so inspiring, and the impact it's had on our lives?

Maybe it's some weird thing about not coming off as overly-emotional. I don't know. But what I do know is that whenever I've told someone how important they are to me, and why, they've never reacted poorly. So it's getting easier. Here's to hoping you've started a trend.

August 11, 2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I completely agree. For some reason, we have this wall built up that does not allow us to tell others how we feel. Some sort of issue around showing weakness, I assume.

If you look back in the archives, you'll see that I'll occasionally write about one friend or another to do just that.

That's my Scottish side; I can't really TALK about my emotions, but I can freely write about them.

August 12, 2006 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No crap. Me too-- I can totally write down my feelings and make it a moving tribute to boot, but ask me to verbalize it and I get all stuttery. Then I make some retarded joke and totally kill the mood.

Hey, at least we can put it in writing.

August 14, 2006 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home