Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Learn Something New Every Day.

After I realized I had hit 100 posts, I decided to take some time and rearrange my blog site.

You’ll notice the addition (and removal) of some sites and blogs. You’ll notice the new banners, and the addition of my “Saving the World... One Website at a Time” section, entirely devoted to Not-For-Profits and Charities that I support. While doing this I discovered the code used to perform such a task, and I thought to myself, “Self, I wonder if the same code wouldn’t work in a post. And, I wonder if I could use any picture and link and create my own banners, and direct links.”

Well, lo and behold. After only four minutes of ‘Cut and Paste”, I have done it.

Submitted for your approval, my first self made photo link (or whatever the hell these are called). I thought the first should be something important; something of substance. It’s a video featured on StopGlobalWarming.com. This particular video is a video narrative done by Leonardo DiCaprio, with music by Sigur Ros. Only a few short minutes in length, it is quite well done, and visually, quite pleasing.

Please watch it. Please do. And when you’re done, please search around this site. It’s a non-political virtual march wanting to direct the government’s attention to Global Warming and the Climate Crisis.

Sign up for the march today. Invite your friends to do the same. Let the world know that you are concerned about the planet! I have already invited some of you to join, and as for the rest of you, expect an email soon.

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger glasshill said...

Wonderful post, and on my birthday too! How sweet! How appropriate! You think of everything!

August 13, 2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I do what I can!
Happy Belated Birthday. I would have sent a card, but I:
a: Had no idea when your Birthday was.
b: Have no idea where to mail it to. I think just putting your name and 'Chicago, IL' would not be sufficiant.

August 14, 2006 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home