Sunday, August 13, 2006

Perfect Long Weekend for a BBQ pt2:


The day after the squirrel pee incident saw us all at The Lesbians. Puma and Her Royal Pinkness were the hostesses de jour for a day of bocce ball and BBQ. The usual suspects were there: The Boyfriend, Cousin Janet, The Great Scot, The Halfaneese, and myself, and special guest, Brother Frank.

Bocce was a hit. We all journeyed to the lakeside and found a beautiful stretch of grass that would be our playing field. Bocce is traditionally played on dirt courts of approximately 20 to 30 metres in length and approximately 2.5 to 4 metres wide. But we played with Etobicoke rules: find a big park (the bumpier the better) and the toss-er just tosses the pallino (or jack palliney, pig or boccino) in whichever direction they want. We worked our way around this small park and had onlookers onlooking the entire time, indeed jealous of our fun as they went on in their mediocre lives, thinking, "Gosh, I wish I had and existance like that. Just look at them having so much fun. They make me want to become a better person."


After an hour or so of playing in the Hot Hot Hot weather, we headed back to The Lesbians home and planted ourselves in the backyard, wine in hand. Brother Frank exited stage left, but The Soprano entered right on cue. Burgers, corn, tortillas, and fruit were served not to mention Papa G’s thick juicy sausages and The Boyfriends perfect (as usual) yummy scrummy peach pie.

It was a beautiful day. I’m not just talking weather; the whole experience. I truly have a great group of friends, and having a handful of us together enjoying an entire day of sport, food, company and booze… what more could you ask for?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In an attempt to rescue you from the doghouse - it was a peach pie, not strawberry!

b.

August 13, 2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about.

August 13, 2006 4:24 PM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Hi Lancey!

Glad everything worked out well and the projector wasn't hard to use. Got your thank you e-mail, the pleasure was all mine! I know you'll take good care of it.

Sorry it's been SO long that I've posted... let's just say that I have a LOT to tell you during my appointment on Thursday.

And speaking of, do I need a colour?

August 13, 2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Let's save colour until just before the wedding, unless you want it now AND then. I could use the rent money, so maybe.
Also, your appointment is on TUESDAY, not Thursday, you know that right?

August 13, 2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger glasshill said...

well first thing it HASN'T been nine years! I'm back and will post soon.... :-)

and if you were playing bocce ball with someone I recognize from the picture, the last time I played the game with him (and his brother) I remember them both as dirty rotten cheaters, who would stoop to unbelievable lows to win.... (I was thrown over a shoulder more than once when trying to make a shot, or "jinxed" LOUDLY.) I can only hope he has improved his sportsmanship...

sounds like a wonderful afternoon.

coming by chicago anytime soon to do MY hair??

August 13, 2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

For fear of entering singledom, I can not comment on his sportmanship. I'll just say that I think the entire family has a similar competative nature.

August 13, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

it is best that you do not comment on sportsmanship. with age, mine has stepped in line, yours on the other hand......it makes me blush....the way you hit poor Frank for missing the paninni....oh dear.

August 13, 2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Lies! All Lies! I am a posterboy for sportsmanship.

August 14, 2006 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home