Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday August 29, 2006

The End Of Chapter One:

After a quick morning at work, I headed back to the apartment for the final clean sweep. This would be the end all and be all of leaving. Everything will be out, and all surfaces washed to infinity. I bounced down the street with all the energy in the world. I walked into my apartment and then it hit me…

I’m soooooooooooooooo tired. As soon as I walked in and saw my messy bedroom, I just wanted to lie on a pile of old papers and sleep. But work needed to be done.

It’s funny how you think in your head about all the work you need to do and give yourself a rough timing estimate… and you’re NEVER right. My estimate was 2 hours, 3 at the most.

Survey says: ALMOST EIGHT HOURS OF CLEANING!!!!!!!!

Now, you may be thinking that I kept the dirtiest apartment that ever was. Rest assured, I did not. I just like to leave a house clean and immaculate for the next tenant. I’ve moved into filthy apartments before, and would never do that to someone else.

I spent the entire afternoon and most of the evening washing the windows, vacuuming everything, washing baseboards, scrubbing the floor, running de-clogger (is that even a word?) through the pipes in the shower and sinks. And, of course, doing all my laundry. This would be my last chance to do FREE laundry; from now on it’s collecting quarters and loonies every laundry day and hauling myself down 8 flights of stairs with hamper in tow.

And… We’re done. That’s it. It's over. That really is the end of my time here in Cabbagetown. I’m having a hard time letting go of this for some reason. I’m very excited about what my future holds, but this has been such a great apartment.

Goodbye 325. I’ll miss you.
sigh

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've begun calling that little black and white cat that lives at 325 Lance - it's silly but kind of comforting now that I'm on my own in Cabbagetown. In fact, I bumped into Lance twice today - the little guy sure gets around!

b.

September 05, 2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Wow, look at that picture of you. I'm tempted to stare at it for an hour. Or did I already do that? :)

Check my blog!! Quick!! You're in it!

September 08, 2006 12:10 AM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

yes, but your old place didn't have such a great view...or roommate.

September 08, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger glasshill said...

can you come to my place? run the "declogger"... 3 girls - long hair, I'm sure we need it.

and so, like, you've been away for almost 2weeks now (tap tap tap) I come back, and you're off moving?! sheesh.

h e l l o

what about me???

double sheesh.

September 11, 2006 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home