Tuesday, September 12, 2006

On Top of the World, Looking Down on Creation.

Wow!

I had a lot more stories I was gonna tell about our move, but it all seems senseless now. The move was so long ago, and so much has been forgotten, plus, so much is happening now.

We’re told to live in the present, and let go of the past. This morning I was overcome with a sense that I needed to write. I’ve gotten into the habit of taking my morning coffee on the balcony of our 7th story, south-facing apartment, and this morning the view was spectacular!

Remnants of some tropical storm or hurricane somewhere I’m sure, Lake Ontario is a wealth of waves and white-caps; Willow trees being blown this way and that; The sound of waves crashing along the shore; The wind conducting a song with the bell in our patio garden. What a civilized way to receive your early morning caffeine fix.

I wish I had a digital camera, or at least knew how to work The Boyfriends digital camera. One day soon I will get photos of this spectacular view. For now you’ll just have to imagine:

An unobstructed view of downtown Toronto (CN Tower and all) to the far left. The trees of Toronto Island just beside that. Then lake. Lake. Lake. Lake. And more lake. In the dead of night, you can see Buffalo, NY (or Rochester, depending on who you ask), and the lights of what may be Niagara Falls. Below us is a small park, littered in grass and willow trees, and quite often, a flurry of dogs and their humans.

I love it here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking down is right ...

September 13, 2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

Okay, SUPER jealous now!

September 18, 2006 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home