Sunday, April 30, 2006

Such Strangeness.

So I have this weird thing happen to me once in a while.

I will randomly think of someone for no reason, and then I usually run into them. Example: Summer of 2004: I saw a guy that looked a lot like the brother of a friend in Yellowknife. He was much taller than the guy I knew, but it made me think of my friend who, last I heard, had moved to Europe a few years earlier. The next day, on the way home from work, I ran into her on Yonge Street. She had just moved here weeks earlier and had just gotten a haircut that morning after which she was thinking, “God, it would be great if Lance lived here and could fix my hair.” Such strangeness.

Just the other day, I randomly thought of this woman that used to come into the last salon I worked at. She’s good friends with the owners and was there every week or so, just to visit. I still can’t remember her name, and I‘ve not thought of her in over a year. So Friday morning, she pops into my head for no reason, and the thought was gone as quickly as it came. Later that day, I’m just going into the gym, and she’s just walking out. I had never seen her at my gym before.

Going back a few weeks; I can’t remember where I was, but I saw this cute, short haired guy with the smile of an innocent child, and though, “Hey, that looks a lot like my friend Keith from Edmonton. Hmmm, Keith. I wonder what he’s doing now. I hope he’s not still in Manning.” I’ve not thought of or connected with Keith in about 7 years. Then I thought of our mutual friend, Teresa, and wondered what she was up to. Is she still doing hair? Who knows?

So this morning, I’m checking my email, and there is a message:

“Lance!
Okay don't be freaked out, but I tracked you down through a woman I met at a crisis intervention conference from Yellowknife.
It's Keith, from Edmonton, Teresa's questionable sexual orientation best friend. You may remember me from such events as: karaoke at the H2O, staying in my bed when visiting from Yellowknife, or daily visits to the video store when you worked there.
Anyway, I live in Toronto now with my partner of Almost 3 YEARS!! (Holy F! that’s the first time of thought of that). Lots of crazy sheeite has gone down, and I would love to reconnect witchas.
Drop me a line, tell me EVERYTHING about your life in the last 5-7 years, and then lets go for coffee/beer/wine/food/fun in the next few weeks.
Sound good?
Cheers
Keith”


Out of no where. So strange. Guess it just goes to show, that there really is no such thing as ‘Goodbye’, just “See you later!” And, with the recent events of my life, this is the best time for me to realize that.

Keith, I am looking forward to meeting up with you soon.
Robert, I’m looking forward to seeing you tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Read closer, Blair. He has a parter of THREE YEARS! He is off limits... not that you ever had any limits... or morals... or...

April 30, 2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

That happens to me sometimes too, chiclet, in fact it happened to me the morning we bumped into each other on the subway! I used to think it was just plain weird, but then I saw the Matrix and now I think it's just plain fucked up. Cheers :)

April 30, 2006 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww..lance!
That was really nice.
see you soon kay?

May 02, 2006 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home