Sunday, March 12, 2006

Toronto's Hot! Hot! Hot!

I just can’t get over the fact that it’s 13degrees Celsius today!

This has been the strangest winter I can remember. Mind you, it’s only my second 'winter' in Toronto, but it’s been much warmer than last year. I’m sure we’ve had less than 10 days of cold weather since November. I was rollerblading in November, and I may do so later today.

Coming from Yellowknife, I’m very much used to winter lasting from Early / mid-October until late April / early May. And I mean full-fledged-freeze-your-ass-off-Sam-McGee-killing-wintery winter. Minus forty plus the wind-chill factor is not unheard of during a cold snap that last two weeks.

A few weeks ago as the boyfriend was driving me home, the radio had given us a ‘Cold Weather Warning’: it was going to be -14 that day. Minus Fourteen! That is NOT cold weather.

Now, I’m not complaining. I love this. I am quite happy not to have to walk through knee deep snow. More than pleased that I get to wear lighter clothing. Ecstatic that I get use of my sunglasses, even in January. To be perfectly honest, the purpose of this post is to make all my friends and family in Yellowknife jealous. I’m not above that.

Anyway, I’m off to the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home