Sunday, August 26, 2007

Four Weddings and a Funeral.

It’s coming pretty close to the one year anniversary of The Croatian Sensations wedding, and I still have not written about it. Even though I promised her sister, Fat Girl (Her blog name, not what I call her... she is not a fat girl, nor would I ever call someone that) that I would write about it. Oh, how I planned it so thoroughly. Oh, how I selected the photos. Oh, how I never sat my ass down to get it all together.

Then, I went to another wedding. Another dear friend, in Edmonton.

Then another. Two great dentist friends here in Toronto.

Then, suddenly, a friend passed away.

And now, in five days, I will be cruising Lake Ontario and watching another friend wed the man of her dreams.

It’s just like the movie... in the same order too, I think.

So... we’re gonna do a quick All-In-One. No photos, just my words of love.

The Croatian Sensation & The Dog Whisper – September 23, 2006:
You are two very great people. Your wedding was beautiful, and I will remember it always. You looked beautiful... so did your bride (hee hee). Seriously, the whole day was so amazing; from you being late to your own place, right down to the drunken homosexual hairdresser that took over the dance floor (who was that, anyway?). I had a blast, and The Boyfriend and I still talk about what a perfect wedding it was. Hell, how many wedding do you get to go to and have 30 000 people cheer the first official presentation of The Bride & Groom. We thank you so much for having us there to be a part of your day.

Chris Squared – November 18, 2006:
I can’t even begin to tell you how special you made me feel by having me at your wedding. I was honoured that you felt so strongly about having me there. I often cried when I thought I was not going to be able to make it, but you guys made it possible. You are one of my oldest friends and you have always been such a brilliant source of joy and happiness in my life. Your wedding was so spectacular, but the whole week will be one that I will never forget. Meeting your friends, bonding with Little Guy, spending time with your family, watching your big, macho, heterosexual brother cry like a four year old sissy girl. It was all too perfect. I can never, ever thank you enough. (PS: Thank you so much for the beautiful watch. PPS: No matter what, I am always a phone call away.)

The Dentists – May 19, 2007:
My god! Was I ever sick! I felt like dying. Why the hell did I ever get a cold two days before your wedding? Everyone looked so gorgeous/handsome (even that groomsman who’s tux was too small) and I had snot running out of my nose and runny eyes - maybe people just thought I was crying a lot. It was amazing to watch you both be so relaxed about the whole thing for the past year and a half, and so nonchalant, but then have the evening turn out so spectacular. You are both wonderful people and I am honoured to call you friends. I wish you both all the happiness and love you have shown me. (PS: Thank you so much for the beautiful watch – I must start a collection. PPS: Sorry for breaking your crystal.)

Yvon – July 29, 2007:
As soon as I typed your name I began to cry. You were such a great friend. Not just me, but the world lost a great person the day we lost you. I may have never shown it, or shown it enough, but I truly loved you and will miss you dearly. I learned so much from you about love, generosity, compassion, optimism, and... Well... Russian Martial Arts and how I’ll NEVER participate in that. You were a truly selfless and generous person. I’d give anything to have another fight with you, just so we could hug and make up the next day. I’ve not gone a day without thinking about you in the past month. I see you several times a day, and dream about you most nights. I hope you are well. I hope you are relaxing. I love you; Always will. Please know that we’ll always be on your side. We know the truth, and have always believed you. We’ll keep you alive in our hearts forever.

M & M – September 01, 2007:
I simply cannot wait for this weekend. It’s funny how you keep coming back into my life. You are such a beautiful person, and can’t even begin to say how happy I am that you and your Prince Charming are finally coming together. It’s been a long time coming. Congratulations. I’ll see you Saturday.

3 Comments:

Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

It's about flippin time!!

August 27, 2007 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your life man....what is up with that??

August 27, 2007 12:10 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I know. It's been pretty insane.
You should hear all the stuff I don't write about. Your head would spin.

August 27, 2007 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home