Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Seven Days of Christmas Songs: Day 2

Christmas being just a few days away, I find myself nostalgic for the traditions of my family. We don’t really do anything overly special, but it feels nice just to be around them.

Christmas Eve would find us at Moms house; my siblings and I and my best friend and Godchildren. Eventually it included my nephews and soon it will include my niece.

Christmas day is a very relaxed day hanging out. I host brunch at my place. Over to Moms for dinner and family time, then down to Mom & Dad #2’s place for drinks with the boys. Not this year.

This will be my third Christmas away from home and I would like to say it gets easier each year, but no. I miss you guys. I love you. Trust that I AM there ‘in my dreams’.

I'll Be Home For Christmas
I'm dreaming tonight
Of a place I love
Even more than I usually do.
And although I know
It's a long road back
I promise you...

I'll be home for Christmas.
You can count on me.
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree.

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love-light gleams.
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams.

(Lyrics by Kim Gannon & Walter Kent)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home