Monday, November 13, 2006

An Email Fom My Sister.

Hi, how are you?

Well I just wanted to let you know what your nephew (the little one) did tonight. He decided it would be fun to stick a fork through, yeah that's right, THROUGH his nose. Not a joke. This is true. He tripped and the fork went through his nose and out the nostril. Two of the fork prongs pierced through the skin. I tripped out and took him to the hospital, with the fork still in his nose. They had to give him a needle to make him numb, and then they pulled it out. How gross, I know. It didn't bleed though. He's lucky it missed the eye, sinuses and brain. He has two little holes on the top of his nose.

The doctor took a picture of it and is going to email it to me. Hopefully he's faster than me and I can send it to you. Little monsters.

Okay, anyways bye now.
From ..... Me
****************************************************
How does one respond to that?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere recently that there is a part of the brain that is involved in understanding consequences to actions...and it's smaller in males. So next time some little boy pulls a "your nephew" or lights his feet on fire, i know it's because he really just wants to see what will happen.
Maybe that's why men are stronger...they're the survivors of all those guys who jumped off cliffs to see what would happen.
woman: um...you guys have fun with that...I'll just be over here....not doing that....somehow it just think it's a bad idea....
man: aw....come on...let's just start this war...no one will get hurt...why would people get hurt??? Come on it'll be fun....

November 13, 2006 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does one respond? Buy the little guy some piercings before the holes close up!


b.

November 14, 2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

just tell her to make sure to watch for infection. My brother threw a fork at my other brother at one of their birthday parties when they were kids and it hit him in the arm. A few nights later he woke up with a fever and his arm completely swollen - they almost had to amputate it when they got to the hospital!

Aside from that, boys will be boys :)

November 14, 2006 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance, your nephew ( although until I read this did not know who it was) is famous at work. Everyone thought he was so good. I mean a fork you would think he would be uncontrollable but no very calm and behaved. That is until it was removed. Another comment mentioned infection, tell your Sis, although I'm sure your Mom will too, to watch out for fever and swelling. Anyway off to watch my Monster climbing on the cat scratching post/ kitty condo thing. Will check for forks. Take care.

November 17, 2006 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home